Target Group: A person who is required to provide manual handling training courses.
Pre-Course requirements: Candidates must have a valid L2 Manual Handling – Principles and Practice certificate.
Assessment: Delivery of 2 x 15 minute assessable teaching sessions. The subjects of the teaching sessions will be assigned in advance to allow a sufficient amount of preparation time.
Evidence of practical manual handling teaching and assessing skills and a portfolio of assignments will be assessed on completion.
Continual assessment of practical skills by observation
Trainer Ratio: 1 Trainer to 6 Candidates.
• Implementing both the practical and theoretical elements required to achieve the Level 3 Award in Education and Training with specific focus on the effective delivery of manual handling training and helping delegates to build on current experience.
• Ensure firm understanding of teaching methods and how they affect learning.
• Understand roles, responsibilities and boundaries in relation to education and training
• Understand effective teaching and learning approaches in manual handling training
• Understand the role and use of constructive feedback
• Understand how to deliver inclusive lessons that motivate learners
• Understand requirements for record keeping
• Understand the use of different assessment methods
• Demonstrate lesson planning skills
Trainer contact hours: 5 days including presentations
Certification : Manual Handling Instructor Certificate & L3 Award in Education & Training Certificate.
We also offer a comprehensive ‘Affiliate Scheme’ for approved instructors including, PowerPoint presentations, Lesson Plans, handouts, certificates and annual instructor assessment.