Target Group: Employees required to undertake manual handling within their workplace.
Pre-Course requirements: None.
Trainer Ratio: 12 Candidates.
Provides participants with the knowledge and attitude to enable them to safely lift and handle animate and inanimate loads in accordance with the eight principals of lifting.
• Discuss injury related statistics,
• Define Manual Handling,
• Legal Responsibilities – Employers/Employees,
• Forces on the body,
• The spine and its function,
• Causes of mechanical back injury,
• Principals of Moving & Handling,
• Weight lifting ratios – male/female
Trainer contact hours: 2hours.
Certification: Manual Handling Awareness Attendance display certificate.