Target Group: All Clinical & Non clinical staff.
Pre-Course requirements: None.
Trainer Ratio: 1 Trainer to 25 Candidates.
Provides participants with an understanding of the fire safety issues within medical/care centres.
• (i) Fire Safety Legislation
• (ii) Legal Responsibilities – Employers/Employees
• (iii) Duties of people in charge of workplaces
• (iv) Enforcing Authorities – Powers of Inspectors
• (v) Fire Chemistry – Triangle of Fire
• (vi) Fire Extinguishment
o Fire Classifications
o Fire Extinguisher (types and their use)
• (vii) Arson Prevention
• (viii) Fire Evacuation
• (ix) Fire safety signage and fire doors
• DVD – Fire Safety, The Facts
Trainer contact hours: 2 hours.
Certification: Fire Safety Awareness Attendance display certificate.