Target Group: A person who currently holds a valid First Aid at Work certificate.
Pre-Course requirements: None, but candidate must be physically able to carry out the procedures detailed in the course outline.
Assessment: Continual assessment of practical skills by observation + final multi-choice question paper & practical skills assessment by independent assessors.
Trainer Ratio: 1 Trainer to 12 Candidates.
• Assessing the incident;
• Dealing with an unconscious casualty (including seizure);
• Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation;
• Dealing with blood loss and the treatment of Shock; Burns & scalds;
• Recognition and management of fractures, inc. spinal injuries;
• Amputations, head & crush injuries;
• Chest injuries;
• Eye injuries;
• Sudden poisoning & Anaphylactic shock;
• Major illness; heart attack. strokes, epilepsy, diabetes, & asthma;
Trainer contact hours: 12 hours minimum including assessments but excluding any lunch/refreshment breaks.
Completion time scale: Normally 2 consecutive days but may be run over a period not exceeding 6 weeks, where each session lasts at least 2 hours.
Certification: First Aid at Work Requalification Certificate. (FAIB)
Renewal: Valid for three years.