• Responsibilities of a First Aider;
• Recording of incidents and use of available equipment;
• Assessing the incident;
• Dealing with an unconscious casualty (including seizure);
• Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation;
• Use of a defibrillator (AED)
• Hygiene procedures and treatment of minor injuries ( including small cuts, grazes and bruises)
• Dealing with blood loss and the treatment of Shock;
• Bandages, slings;
• Burns & scalds;
• Recognition and management of fractures, soft tissue and spinal injuries;
• Eye injuries
• Head Injuries
Trainer contact hours: 6 hours minimum including assessments but excluding any lunch/refreshment breaks.
Completion time scale: Normally 1 day but may be run over a period not exceeding 4 weeks, where each session lasts at least 2 hours.
Certification: First Aid in Schools & Defibrillator (AED) display certificate.
Renewal: Valid for three years.