Target Group: All levels of staff.
Pre-Course requirements: None.
Assessment: Multiple Choice Question Paper.
Trainer Ratio: 1 trainer to 12 candidates
Course Outline: Provides participants with an understanding of the health & safety issues within the workplace.
• (i) The importance of health & safety
• What is meant by health & safety at work
• The key terms used in health & safety
• Legal responsibilities of employers and employees with respect to health, safety and welfare in the workplace
• (ii) Hazards and Risks
• Slips trips and falls
• Working at heights
• Manual Handling
• Hazardous substances
• Machinery and vehicles
• (iii) The range of workplace conditions that can affect health & safety
• Benefits of maintaining a tidy, well organised workplace
• Importance of maintaining suitable environmental conditions
• The welfare facilities that should be provided
• The different classes of health & safety signage
• (iv) The requirements for workplace procedures
• The need for reporting accidents, ill health, dangerous events and near misses
• First Aid provision requirements in the workplace
• The types and uses of personal protective equipment
• The importance of personal hygiene
Trainer contact hours: 4 hours.
Certification: L1 Health & Safety display certificate (QNUK)