Target Group: Person wishing to learn basic first aid care in child environments
Pre-Course requirements: None.
Trainer / Assessor Qualifications: C23 or exemption and D32 and First Aid at Work Certificate (competency Based) or exemption.
Assessment: Continual assessment by observation + Question and Answers.
Trainer Ratio: 1 Trainer to 12 Candidates.
• Emergency action and incident procedures
• Care for conscious and unconscious casualties
• Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation for adults, children and babies
• Safe use of Automated External Defribilator (AED)
• Choking in babies and young children
• Dealing with minor wounds
• Control of bleeding (internal & external)
• Treatment of Shock
• Dealing with penetrative wounds
Trainer contact hours: 6 hours minimum including assessments but excluding any refreshment breaks.