Target Group: Persons needing Ofsted compliant paediatric first aid qualification for early years environments.
Pre-Course requirements: None.
Assessment: Continual assessment by observation + Question and Answers.
Trainer Ratio: Trainer to 12 Candidates.
• Emergency action and incident procedures
• Care for conscious and unconscious casualties
• Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation for adults, children and babies
• Safe use of Automated External Defribrilator (AED)
• Choking in babies and young children
• Dealing with minor wounds
• Control of bleeding (internal & external)
• Treatment of Shock
• Dealing with penetrative wounds
• Burns, scalds, electric shock, corrosive injuries, poisons.
• Eye injuries
• Head injuries, concussion, compression and febrile convulsions
• Foreign bodies – swallowed, in ears, nose and eyes.
• Insect bites and stings.
• Extremes of heat and cold
• Fracture, dislocations, sprains and strains
• Chronic medical conditions in young children
• Epilepsy, asthma, diabetes, meningitis and sickle cell
• Anaphylactic Shock
Trainer contact hours: 12 hours minimum including assessments but excluding any refreshment breaks. Split over 2 or 3 days
Completion time scale: up to 6 weeks.
Certification: Paediatric First Aid course certificate.
Renewal: Valid for three years.